Monday, June 11, 2007

LiLynn's Report: NY Senior Games and Lake Fest Races - June 9 & 10, 2007


It was me, my bella babe team and only 3 Mission in Motion girls. [Editor's note: LyLynn is making fun of the rest of us NY Bellas being slugs - her "team" at the races she competes in is unfortunately invisible, since she is the sole NY Bella to race every freaking weekend...] I knew if we worked hard and you guys pulled me all the way, we might have a chance. My legs were pretty wasted from chasing down Mighty Mouse Sue [Kahler] and lightning bolt Linda [Tersegno] all day on Saturday.



On Saturday I held a close fourth in the 5k and worked even harder in the 10k beating the 3rd place woman but Carla showed up and kicked booty taking second in the 10k time trial knocking me right back into 4th. I rode like I blubbering idiot in the road race trying to beat Carla on the first loop, only to find out she had been sitting on my wheel. oops, forgot to look back. Then she toasted and sizzled me on the flats with a group of guys like I deserved and took second in the road race. I got to ride a third time trial for third place.


Back to our bella ride on Sunday. As you all remember our Mission in Motion opponets looked fresh out of day care. not a hint of a wrinkle and still carrying a little baby fat. How could this possibly be? A tough day for the Bellas. We'll I'll have to admit that ignorance is total bliss not knowing it was Chelsey (cat3) and Charlsey and ???. Thank god you girls were there. [ha] It was like poetry in motion. But every time we made a really beautiful move, they were right there.


When we turned up the hill in Marathon, you guys all sprinted up with the pack and I got totally dropped. I was the last rider with one pudge guy zig zagging up behind. My legs were shot. All of a sudden Kate yelled back to me to get my ass in gear and Amanda yelled "pain is your friend". Gaetane didn't even notice because she was chasing down the mens. [Gaetane's accent inserted here for those of you who don't understand how French Canadians spell.] Jenn started blocking everyone and Sue was just very focused. I think I even saw Madonna yelling to me to get it together. I decided I didn't want to time trial for 15-16 miles so I put my head down and started hammering. Started passing some mens and then looked up and those MM girls were real close so just kept punching it and it sort of flattened out. I was real close so dropped it in my big chain ring and caught on to my bella's and we hammered over the top and down the hill with the MM girls hot on our tails. From that moment on it was the two baby MM girls and the bella's looking for big mens to ride behind and the rest of the race the baby
MM's stayed right on my wheel but I had the best draft right behind the big strong tall boy. With 2 miles to go there was 6 mens and the bella's with the 2 baby MM's in hot pursuit when out of the corner of my eye I notice that Chelsey had sprinted up the first hill with some mens off to the side and got away. None of you guys even saw that. You idiots! Were you all brain dead? I needed you there.

We'll I certainly had no sprint left in my old tired legs. Pain may be my friend but I draw the line. I did put the hammer down though and powered as hard as I could because Charlsey had also noticed and tried to drop me. Now I was pissed. I blew by her and hammered down the other side then pedaled as hard to the finish as I possible could, looked up and I was
closing the gap on Chelsey but not enough road left to catch her. I sprinted to the finish and you all catch me and held me up as I puked. Just kidding. Thanks for another great race girls!
[Above the Senior Games Old Fart Bellas and some of the mens - those are some impressive 50+ grrls!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home